The moment you walk through our doors, you can feel it. When you meet one of our patient families, you believe it. And when you talk with anyone who works here, you want to be part of it, too. Welcome to Nationwide Children’s Hospital, where Passion Meets Purpose.
Here, Everyone Matters. We’re 12,000 strong. And it takes every single one of us to improve the lives of the kids we care for, and the kids from around the world we’ll never even meet. Kids who are living healthier, fuller lives because of the knowledge we share. We know it takes a Collaborative Culture to deliver on our promise to provide the very best, innovative care and to foster new discoveries, made possible by the most groundbreaking research. Anywhere.
Ask anyone with a Nationwide Children’s badge what they do for a living. They’ll tell you it’s More Than a Job. It’s a calling. It’s a chance to use and grow your talent to make an impact that truly matters. Because here, we exist simply to help children everywhere.
Nationwide Children’s Hospital. A Place to Be Proud.
The courier provides transport and support for Nationwide Children?s Hospital, the Department of Laboratory Medicine and their clients. Responsible for maintaining a schedule to complete routine routes on a daily basis. Obtains information from Client Services and Courier Dispatchers on requests or changes to pick-ups and deliveries. Will be responsible for documenting all specimen pick-ups and deliveries per department guidelines.The courier will be a supportive link between Nationwide Children?s Hospital and our customers. Should project a professional image through verbal communication to both internal and external Nationwide Children?s Hospital customers.
1. Pick-up and deliver to and from referring hospitals, clinics, physician offices and outpatient centers.
2. Document all route information per department guidelines.
3. Must be able to prioritize routes to accommodate unscheduled pick-ups.
4. Is responsible for evaluation and monitoring weather conditions throughout shift to preplan for anticipated trips and delays throughout region.
5. Assists in preparation of supply orders.
6. Maintains safety of cargo and vehicle in accordance with hospital guidelines.
7. Assists in training of new staff and documents their progress per department guidelines.
8. Communicates with staff, patients and clients in a respectful and courteous manner. Displays a positive attitude and ability to handle conflict with staff/clients.
9. Provides customer service in an efficient and effective manner to assure customer satisfaction and quality patient care. Including the ability to change manner of communication styles to adapt to various cultural differences.
1. Must use personal vehicle to include: car, pick- up truck with a cap, mini -van, SUV, cargo van or box truck.
2. Must show evidence of personal automobile insurance with limits of $100,000 liability per person, $300,000 per accident and $50,000 property damage.
3. Ability to use personal cell phone or hospital provided communication tracking system.
4. Current Ohio Driver?s License.
5. Vehicle must pass safety standards as set forth by Nationwide Children?s Hospital.
6. Must pass motor vehicle background inspection.
7. Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.