Come work for an organization where everything matters.
Full-time position, working 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday, Day Shift hours with some days throughout the month starting at 6:30am.
Position is salaried/exempt and doesn't offer any cert pay.
Location: Main Campus
Looking for candidates with at least 3 years of experience in related field
Must have an Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree not required but preferred
Experience with root cause analysis a plus
Develops, implements and manages effective systems to evaluate and improve patient outcomes and quality care; provides leadership in the areas of serious safety events.
1. Manages RCA/Serious Safety Event (SSE) process and provides timely reporting of status to senior leadership and departments
2. Participates in the work of the RCA Steering Committee
3. Helps in the assignment of safety event classification
4. Conducts interviews of the individuals involved in serious safety events/precursor events.
5. Leads the effort to determine and document precise timelines for SSEs.
6. Designs and conducts interdisciplinary quality improvement activities to address areas of improvement from SSE process.
7. Participates in an on-going evaluation of quality development strategies and follows IHI model for improvement work
8. Has working knowledge, interprets and assists in Joint Commission standard compliance as they apply to Sentinel Event and Leadership chapter.
9. Facilitates improvement efforts associated with MCA/QID M&M/RCA/SSE.
10. Actively participates in constant readiness program and annual periodic performance review process. Develops and implements action plans to correct deficiencies.
11. Maintains knowledge level and ability related to continuous quality improvement through publications, conferences, networking with other hospitals and through the website.
12. Participates in in-depth multi-disciplinary investigations of occurrences, which present significant risks in the area of liability and share information with appropriate management and staff.
13. Maintains personal certification if applicable.
14. Maintains data accuracy and integrity in databases.
15. Performs other related duties as assigned.
1. Proficient in word processing and spreadsheet applications
2. Performs in accordance with system-wide competencies/behaviors
3. Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE , SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Graduate of an approved School of Nursing or related field. Masters in Nursing or related field preferred. CPHQ certification preferred.
2. Three-Five years experience in the quality/risk management field preferred.
3. Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills necessary to present and communicate important information effectively to all levels of hospital staff.
4. Current Safety Coach preferred or at least good understanding of HPI model.
5. Proficient in the use of a personal computer especially excel, word and access.
6. Demonstrates experience in presentation skills and the ability to analyze and interpret statistical data.
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Talking in person/on the phone Frequently (34-66%)
Standing/Walking Frequently (34-66%)
Typing on a keyboard Frequently (34-66%)
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.